The Flexi Slider Plugin provides a shortcode for you to insert a slider with thumbnail descriptors for each slide. Slides can contain images or youtube videos.
You can use a Youtube video in any of the slides if you wish:
Here’s how to use it:
1. Download and install the plugin (sorry, you have to be a member to do that at this stage – get in touch with me if you want to join before this membership is available to the public)
2. Set up your slides. The ‘Slider Images’ Post type is accessible from your dashboard sidebar menu. Choose Slider Images -> Add new to add one:
3. Give your slide a title. This is just for your reference and isn’t displayed anywhere.
4. If you wish your slide to show an image, add a featured image to the slider images post.
5. If you wish your slide to show a video, find the youtube video ID and paste this into the meta data box underneath the content box. Note that this is NOT the full video URL – just the ID code for that video:
6. If you want your image slide to click through to a particular URL, add this URL to the “Slider Clickthrough URL” box:
7. Add your thumbnail content to the main slider images post content editor area. Add what you like here but check how it appears on the slider when you set it live – there isn’t a lot of room so don’t get too carried away!
8. Publish your slide and add more slides as needed. The plugin works best with FOUR slides.
9. Finally, choose the page or pages you wish the slider to appear on and add the shortcode [ef_slider] to the main content in the pages (or posts).
As ever, if you need more help with the plugin; or if you want more options, flexibility, styling or anything else just let me know! Enjoy!